Only one more week to go. It seems like the semester has flown by. Last week we had a great class (other than the computer problems in the 10 a.m. session) talking about business planning and entrepreneurship. Remember that everything we’ve talked about so far this semester is critical in business planning. Week 7 provided the final piece of the puzzle.
For those of you that were not able to attend last week’s class, we covered a number of important resources:
- RMA eStatement Studies (industry norms, ratios and typical balance sheet and income statement percentages by NAICS code)
- Census data (all types of data about the US population down to the zip code level, including education attainment, housing stats, demographics, etc.)
- County Business Patterns (number of firm engaged in specific industries at the state, MSA, county and zip code levels)
- Bureau of Labor Statistics wage data (wage information for 700+ occupations at the MSA level)
- Consumer Lifestyle Analyst (book) (consumer buying data)
My blog is having some hiccups this week so I have not attached copies of the in-class exercises and PPTX today.