During the week of September 26, an interactive summit “Education Nation” will take place. It will be nationally broadcast and will focus on improving education in America. NBC News will report education stories and broadcast live from Rockefeller Plaza, the location of this summit. Highlights include:
- Multi-media Coverage - All week catch news and stories from the summit on “Nightly News,” “Today,” “Meet the Press,” MSNBC, CNBC, Telemundo, msnbc.com, iVillage.com, and EducationNation.com.
- Teacher Town Hall – On September 26 at 12pm EDT, Brian Williams of NBC will talk with teachers on-air and online about critical educational issues. It will air live on MSNBC and stream at EducationNation.com, Scholastic.com, iVillage.com, and msnbc.com.
- Ask the President – On Monday, September 27 at 8am EDT, President Obama will be interviewed by Matt Lauer, co-anchor of the TODAY show, about the state of education in America. On the Education Nation website, you may submit a question for the president.
- Student Coverage – The student perspective of this summit will be covered by the Scholastic Kids Press Corporation.
For more information click here.
Sterne Library is offering EndNote Web classes during the weeks of September 27 and October 4. EndNote Web is a reference storage tool that is available for free to all UAB students, faculty, and staff. There are three types of classes being offered:
- Getting Started with EndNote Web is an introduction to EndNote Web. It covers creating an account and the basic functions of collecting references from a library database, organizing and sharing references in a group, generating a bibliography in a citation style such as MLA or APA, and inserting a reference in a paper using Microsoft Word.
- Collecting References with EndNote Web is a more in-depth look at collecting references. It covers importing references using a connection file, importing references using a database filter, importing and capturing references using a browser toolbar, and creating references manually.
- Formatting References with EndNote Web is a more in-depth look at using the formatting features. It covers formatting references using bibliographies and annotated bibliographies, temporary citations, and Cite While You Write for Microsoft Word.
For more information, the schedule of classes, and the online registration form, click here.
For more information about and instructions for using EndNote Web, see the EndNote Web research guide.